Qatar 73rd State to Recognize Kosovo's Independence
Qatar has become the 73rd sovereign nation to recognize the independence of Kosovo, the youngest state in the Balkans.
The Kosovo diplomatic mission in New York was officially notified of the decision by Qatar, Kosovo's Deputy Foreign Minister Vlora Pecani announced Wednesday.
Qatar's recognition of Kosovo comes several months after Kosovo Prime Minister Hashim Thaci visited the Persian Gulf state in September 2010.
In 2010, Kosovo, which declared independence on February 17, 2008, despite opposition from Serbia, was recognized by Mauritania, Swazilend, Vanuatu, Djibouti, Somalia, Honduras, Kiribati, and Tuvalu.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 579 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv has received American Abrams Tanks
- » France to phase out coal by 2027
- » France will End its Military Presence in Niger and Bring Back its Ambassador
- » Three Serbs were Killed in Kosovo, Two others were Wounded
- » Day 578 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv’s Forces continue the Counteroffensive in Southeast
- » Romania blocked Austria's participation in NATO meetings