Bulgarian Cabinet Caps Doctor Selection Price
The Bulgarian cabinet approved Wednesday the changes to the Decree of Patients' Access to Health Care, the government press center informs.
People, who wish to be treated by a doctor of their choice at medical facilities, will have to pay between BGN 250 and BGN 700 while to select a team they will need between BGN 350 and 950.
Until now, there were no clear rules and the hospitals were able to determine the amount themselves, which for certain cases has reached up to BGN 10 000, according to the Health Ministry data.
The new requirements are mandatory for each hospital for patients with health insurance, whose treatment is covered by the National Health Insurance Fund (NZOK).
The choice of a doctor or a team will be made under the explicit insistence of the patient. Hospitals are asked to publish and display a list with prices for different procedures (called clinical paths in Bulgaria) and the maximum prices.
The Health Ministry is to receive the number of patients, who have decided to choose a doctor or a team every three months. The Executive Agency "Medical Audit" will be in charge of monitoring and controlling the process, while violators will face legal sanctions.
The amounts would be determined through a scale, depending on the price of the treatment procedure.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 316 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Exactly 100 New Cases of COVID-19 have been Registered in Bulgaria
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 293 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Belgium has introduced Quarantine for Monkeypox
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 96 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » WHO has data on 92 Cases of Monkeypox from 12 Non-Endemic Countries