Bulgaria's Largest Coal Mining Company with Record Output
Bulgaria's largest coal mining company – Maritsa Iztok Mines EAD – surpassed its 2010 output target by 4%.
The state-owned company, which is part of the Bulgarian Energy Holding, a government energy megastructure, planned to produce 25 000 000 metric tons of coal in 2010, but completed the year with an output of 26 090 853 metric tons.
Thus, its 2010 production is 2 013 728 metric tons more than the amount of coal extracted in 2009.
The three quarries of the Maritsa Iztok Mines registered records results in 2010; the Troyanovo 1 quarry registered its highest output since 1960, with a total of 8.62 million metric tons of coal extracted in 2010, surpassing the 2007 record of 8.95 million metric tons.
The Troyanovo 3 quarry produced a total of 9.21 million metric tons of coal, its largest output since 1990.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Europe: The Conditions for a Cold Winter with High Gas Prices are Set
- » Bulgaria: Natural Gas Price could Rise by about 3% in December
- » Five Neighborhoods in Sofia Without Heating and Hot Water until Tomorrow Night
- » Bulgaria: Additional Financial Assistance for Heating will be Provided
- » China is Increasing Coal Production. Calls on the Population to Stock Up on Food
- » Fuel Prices will Rise More by the End of the Year