Bulgarian Folk Singer Nadka Karadjova Passes Away
Bulgarian folk singer Nadka Karadjova passed away at the age of 73 on Monday.
The rich and various repertoire of Nadka Karadjova, who was a soprano, comprises more than 300 songs. She has taken part in the creation of 15 CDs.
She was part of Bulgaria's premier folk ensemble Filip Koutev. In her creative carrier, she has given over 14 000 concerts and 80 states abroad. She is a winner of many international prizes and prestigious honors in Bulgaria.
Besides being considered one of the best ever Bulgarian folk singers, Karadjova has gone down in history for quite an achievement - way back in the Cold War period, in 1979, a song of hers made it to BBC-2 chart with her song A Lambkin Has Commenced Bleating.
In 1994, her name was included in the Encyclopedia of World Music, issued in London.
- » The Great Bulgarian Director and Animator Rumen Petkov has Died
- » Swedish DJ Avicii Dies Aged 28
- » US First Lady Barbara Bush Dies at Age 92
- » Milos Forman Two-Time Oscar Winning Directo Dead At 86
- » Winnie Mandela, South African Anti-apartheid Crusader, Dies at 81
- » France to Pay National Tribute to Officer Killed in Friday Hostage Crisis