Bulgarians to Enjoy Winter Clothes, Shoes Sales
The big winter sales in the clothes and shoes stores have begun, a check by the Bulgarian News Agency showed.
In the first days of 2011, the stores in the malls and the Sofia shopping streets Vitosha and Graf Ignatiev announced the beginning of discounts, which could reach up to 50-70% for certain items.
The Bulgarian Consumer Protection Act requires the display of the old price, as well as the new price, when there are sales. The goal is to inform the clients of the exact amount of the discount for the articles, so that they could make an informed choice.
Items first have to be sold at the old price for at least a month before being subjected to a discount. This requirement aims at preventing traders speculate with the sales by first increasing the price and then decreasing it, in order to attract more clients.
Another requirement envisions that the windows of the stores have to display the time period for which sales will be valid. The period cannot be longer than a month or shorter than a day.
In case not all the items in the store are on discount, this information should also be displayed at the window of the store.
Also, the discounted items have to be separated from the other items in the store in specially designated fort his purpose places and the clients have to be informed about it.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Car Crash on the Ring Road in Sofia, One Person confirmed Dead
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 269 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 748 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 162 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgarian Border Guards rescued 38 Refugees in the Black Sea, including a Baby
- » Bulgaria’s Independence Day: No Lights for the Soviet Monuments and in Protest against Russia