Italy's Culture Minister to Resign Over 'Fatal' Bulgarian Actress
Italian Culture Minister Sando Bondi is about to resign in the next couple of days due to the scandal involving Bulgarian-born actress Michelle Bonev and other issues, according to Italian media.
Over 200 Italian MPs have signed a declaration wanting Bondi's ousting.
The turmoil involving Bulgarian born actress and director Michelle Bonev, was initiated by Italian media, which claimed that she received a "fabricated" award created just for her at the Venice Film Fest for her movie „Farewell to Mom". It was those reports which triggered the demands for Bondi's resignation.
Bulgaria's Culture Minister Vezhdi Rashidov already accepted two resignations over the same case, handed by Alexander Donev, head of the Bulgarian National Film Center andBulgaria's Deputy Culture Minister, Dimitar Derelviev.
Meanwhile, the historical House of the Gladiators collapsed at Pompeii on November 6. Outrage over the historical losses fueled the calls for Bondi's resignation.
Recently, Italy's Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, who is considered a close ally of Bondi, barely survived a no-confidence vote.
- » Today is the World Theatre Day
- » The 24th Sofia International Film Festival and the 17th Sofia Meetings Postponed
- » The National Gallery Limits Attendance at its Affiliates
- » The 24rd Edition of Sofia International Film Festival Begins in March
- » The New James Bond Movie Premiere will be Delayed because of the Coronavirus
- » Al Bano and Romina Power's Concert in Bulgaria is Postponed