Bulgarian Border Police Detain 4 Illegal Iraqis
Four illegal Iraqi immigrants have been arrested by Bulgarian border policemen while trying to cross into Bulgaria from Turkey.
Around 8 pm on Friday, Christmas Eve, the Bulgarian Border Police and the Turkish border authorities detected a group of 6 men close to the Matochina village near Svilengrad.
The group was on Turkish territory but four of the men tried to cross into Bulgaria, and were nabbed by the Bulgarian policemen right on the border line at 9:30 pm.
Iraqis are among the most frequent illegal immigrants arrested along Bulgaria's southeastern border with Turkey.
This is the third instance of detention of illegal Iraqi migrants by Bulgarian border authorities in December, bringing the total number of the detainees to a round 40.
- » Convicted of Rape and Thefts Escaped from the Prison in Lovech
- » French Customs Officers Detained Cannabis for EUR 4 Million from a Bulgarian Truck
- » Shooting in Malmö, Five Injured
- » Two People Threatened a MP from the Bulgarian Socialist Party with a Gun
- » A Hungarian Court Sentenced Three Bulgarians for Human Trafficking
- » 8 Bulgarians Raped a 13-year-old Girl in Germany