Bulgarian Border Police Detain 4 Illegal Iraqis
Four illegal Iraqi immigrants have been arrested by Bulgarian border policemen while trying to cross into Bulgaria from Turkey.
Around 8 pm on Friday, Christmas Eve, the Bulgarian Border Police and the Turkish border authorities detected a group of 6 men close to the Matochina village near Svilengrad.
The group was on Turkish territory but four of the men tried to cross into Bulgaria, and were nabbed by the Bulgarian policemen right on the border line at 9:30 pm.
Iraqis are among the most frequent illegal immigrants arrested along Bulgaria's southeastern border with Turkey.
This is the third instance of detention of illegal Iraqi migrants by Bulgarian border authorities in December, bringing the total number of the detainees to a round 40.
- » Police Detained a Bulgarian in France with Nearly 30 kg of Cannabis
- » 1kg of Cocaine and Almost 5kg of Heroin Seized by Police in Plovdiv Area
- » Cyberterrorists Attacked 40 US Cities
- » Bulgarian Special Prosecutor's Office Files Indictment Against Controversial Banevi Family
- » Over One Tonne of Cannabis Was Found Aboard a Yacht in Greece
- » Bulgarian Police Seizes 76 kg of Cocaine Hidden Among Fruits