Bulgarian Farmers Demand Resignations on Christmas Eve
The Union of Bulgaria Farmers demanded Friday two resignations at the Agriculture Ministry, Darik radio reported.
The farmers want the ousting of Deputy Agriculture Minister, Tsvetan Dimitrov, and of the Director of the National Veterinary Service, (NVS), Yordan Voynov.
The Union's Chair, Ivan Chalakov, told Darik the reason is unpaid subsidies over problems and errors at NVS, and accused the two of diverting the money to "other people."
The Union is threatening mass protest rallies right after the winter holidays.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » An Early Warning system for Disasters and Accidents is being developed in Bulgaria
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 60 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Rain only in the Southwestern Regions
- » Earthquake in Bulgaria with a Magnitude above 4.5
- » Bulgaria: 44% Increase in Water Bills is expected in Sofia Region
- » A Bulgarian was found Stabbed in the center of Athens