Bulgaria Braces for Snowy Weekend
Snow is falling Thursday morning in the Bulgarian capital Sofia, the regions of Kyustendil, Plovdiv, Pazardzhik, Smolyan and many other parts of western and southwestern Bulgaria.
The Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences informs the snow fall will spread on the entire territory of the country later during the day. It will be moderate, except on the Black Sea Coast, which is under code orange over forecasts of blizzard conditions with significant accumulation, accompanied by strong winds.
The snow will gradually stop Friday, again from West to East, and will turn into rain as temperatures are expected to rise.
The forecast for the weekend is for more cold weather and snow, but without any additional accumulation.
The mercury will begin to go up on Monday and the trend is to continue during the week with temperatures above freezing.
The Christmas forecast is for warmer for the season weather with temperatures reaching between 7 and 14 degrees Celsius during the day.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Cloudy Weather Today in Bulgaria
- » Sunny and Warm Weather Returns in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Code Yellow for Strong Winds in 9 Regions, the Weather remains Cold
- » Code Orange for Strong Winds in 8 Regions of Bulgaria for Today
- » The Weather in Bulgaria will be Sunny and Windy with a sharp Cooling in the evening
- » "Earth Hour" - We turn off the Lights and Shine a Light on the Problem of Endangered Animal Species