Bulgaria's Schengen Entry Top Priority for Hungary's EU Presidency
Bulgaria's entry in the Schengen zone will be one of the priorities of the Hungary's Presidency of the European Union, Hungarian Interior Minister, Shandor Pinter stated.
The Presidency will start on January 1, 2011 and will last six months. Hungary will work on securing the entry of both Bulgaria and Romania, according to Pinter, who is on an official visit to Sofia Thursday.
The Hungarian Interior Minister and his Bulgarian counterpart, Tsvetan Tsvetanov, signed an agreement for partnership in the preventing and countering crime.
"During our Presidency, we wish to give strong support to Bulgaria and we believe we will be able to achieve our goal. We will see a positive decision of the EU regarding Bulgaria's Schengen entry, made by June 30, as a definite success of our Presidency," Pinter said during the meeting.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister thinks there was an Explosion on Board Prigozhin’s Plane
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov