Bulgarian Border Police Detain 6 Illegal Iraqi Immigrants
Bulgaria's border police have apprehended six Iraqi citizens who tried to illegally enter the country through the Bulgaria-Turkey border checkpoint at Kardam.
Around 2:30 am (GMT+2) on Wednesday, the police stopped a MER truck with a British license plate, driven by a 37-year old British citizen with the initials E.F. After a routine check was carried out, the Bulgarian policemen suspected he was hiding something.
A total of five men and one women were discovered in the back of vehicle. Four of them have been found out to be registered in Bulgaria's National Refugee Agency.
The driver and the illegal passengers are still detained, an investigation is currently going on.
- » Bulgarian Police Seizes 76 kg of Cocaine Hidden Among Fruits
- » Greenhouse for Marijuana Discovered in Southern Bulgaria
- » Three Boys from Kardzhali Stole 80 Kilos of Ice Cream
- » Bulgarian Law Enforcers Dismantle Counterfeit Euro Ring
- » A US Court Condemned an Ukrainian Woman for Child Pornography
- » 25 Members of Drug Gang are Internationally Wanted