EC Gives Green Light to Romanian Nuclear Plant Expansion
The European Commission had approved the construction of Unit 3 and 4 of the Romanian Nuclear Power Plant (NPP) Cernavod?.
The news was reported Wednesday by the Bulgarian National Radio, BNR.
Construction cost is estimated at EUR 4 B. The construction will be carried out by the "EnergoNuclear" company where the Romanian State has 51% of the shares while Italian, Spanish, German, and Belgium companies and Indian businessman Lakshmi Mittal have minority shares.
NPP Cernavoda currently has two reactors with 700 MWT each, producing 18% of Romania's electric power.
The deadline to build the two new units is 2017.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister thinks there was an Explosion on Board Prigozhin’s Plane
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov