Bulgarian Customs Officer Dies during Search for Smuggled Cigarettes
Bulgarian customs officer has been found dead on a train from Sofia to to the Serbian capital Belgrade.
Customs inspector Stoyan Todorov was inspecting the train from contraband cigarettes as part of a routine search operation, according to sources from the Customs Agency.
Passengers on the train are said to have heard some kind of noise, and to have alerted the train crew, who found the customs officer lying dead.
The case is under investigation but for the time being there has been no information of foul play.
The trains traveling between Bulgaria and Serbia are often used to smuggle cigarettes with the customs officers often snatching small and medium-sized shipments.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU to Buy 200 Million Doses of the Potential COVID-19 Vaccine From Johnson & Johnson
- » New Study Suggests That Almost Two Thirds of the Bulgarians Are Smokers
- » Eight Stations of the Third Metro Line in Sofia Will be Launched by the End of August
- » Greek Scientists Expect Second Wave as Coronavirus Cases Spike Among Younger Generation
- » The Details Known About the Russian Vaccine "Sputnik V"
- » 2019 - One of The Three Warmest Years in History