Bulgarian Customs Officer Dies during Search for Smuggled Cigarettes
Bulgarian customs officer has been found dead on a train from Sofia to to the Serbian capital Belgrade.
Customs inspector Stoyan Todorov was inspecting the train from contraband cigarettes as part of a routine search operation, according to sources from the Customs Agency.
Passengers on the train are said to have heard some kind of noise, and to have alerted the train crew, who found the customs officer lying dead.
The case is under investigation but for the time being there has been no information of foul play.
The trains traveling between Bulgaria and Serbia are often used to smuggle cigarettes with the customs officers often snatching small and medium-sized shipments.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 203 Infected, 334 Cured
- » Covid-19: Tests Are Going to Show if Indian Variant Can Beat Immunity after Vaccination
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 518 New Cases, Slight Increase of Fatalities
- » Reuters: Toshiba European Operations Suffer Ransomware Cyber Attack
- » Largest Bulgarian Emergency Hospital Reduces by 50% Its Covid-19 Beds
- » 2/3 of Bulgarians Unlikely to Vaccinate, Western Europeans More Willing to Get Jab than Citizens of Eastern EU Countries