Yann Tiersen Live in Sofia Wednesday
French composer Yann Tiersen will arrive and perform in Bulgaria on Wednesday,December 8 2010.
He will play for two hours in the "Universiada" hall in the capital Sofia and will be accompanied by hit German musicians Felix Klassen and Lucas Lonski, as well as 7 other performers.
Tickets can be bought at the National Palace of Culture (NDK)'s ticket center, from websites www.eventim.bg and www.ticketsbg.com and in the – Office 1, Piccadilly, Germanos, Orange center, Multirama, Technomarket and Photosynthesis stores in Sofia.
Yann Tiersen has become world renown for composing the soundtrack to the French Academy Award- and Golden Globe-nominated motion picture Le Fabuleux Destin d'Am?lie Poulain
His music is recognized by its use of a large variety of instruments in relatively minimalist compositions, often with a touch of either European classical music or French folk music, using primarily the piano, accordion or violin together with instruments like the melodica, xylophone, toy piano, ondes martenot, harpsichord and typewriter.
October 2010 saw the release of Tiersen's sixth studio album entitled Dust Lane.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Independence Day: No Lights for the Soviet Monuments and in Protest against Russia
- » Bulgaria Celebrates 114 Years of Independence
- » Unification of Bulgaria: Celebrations were held in Plovdiv and Sofia
- » Bulgaria Celebrates 137 years since Unification
- » “Book Alley” in Sofia begins with Record Number of Publishers
- » The Bulgarians in Albania Need Support, They Want an Urgent Meeting with President Radev