EC Experts to Check Bulgaria Prosecutor's Office
Experts from the European Commission are arriving to Bulgaria during the week to conduct a check of the work of Bulgaria's Prosecutor's Office.
The visit is scheduled for December 1 – 3. The Deputy Chief Prosecutor, Galina Toneva, says her office will account for their success related to the two high-profile criminal cases – "The Impudent" (an alleged gang dealing with kidnappings) and "The Killers (a group executing murders for hire)."
The Prosecution will also report achievements in the fight against corruption at the high-levels of power, noting the charges against former Minister of Labor and Social Policy, Emiliya Maslarova, the cases against ex Defense Minister, Nikolay Tsonev, and the pending charges against the former Health Minister, Bozhidar Nanev.
In an interview for the Bulgarian National Radio, BNR, Toneva said her office had many positive results to share with the EC experts.
Meanwhile it was reported that the court trial against "The Impudent" is starting Monday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria