Bulgarian PM to Woo Putin's Meek Side with New Puppy - Report
Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov is planning to send a new puppy to Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin to tip the scales in negotiations for the price of Belene NPP, according to daily newspaper Standart.
Bulgaria and Russia have engaged in protracted talks about the price of the future Belene NPP, with the Russian side requesting more than Bulgaria can afford.
During Putin's November 13 visit in Sofia, where he discussed Belene and other joint projects, Boyko surprisingly presented him with a cute Bulgarian shepherd puppy in front of the amazed gaze of journalists.
Putin's endearing attitude to the little creature - called Yorgo - quickly became a favorite topic of world media.
Now Standart writes that December 12 a new Bulgarian shepherd doggy from Borisov's breeder, little Yantra (female) will travel to the Kremlin to soften the heart of the Russian PM.
Yantra will participate in a dog display in Moscow, after which she will join Putin at his Ogarevo residence, according to Standart.
Standart comments that the Russian PM has become an extremely devoted fan of the Bulgarian shepherd breed.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Josep Borrell: European Perspective of North Macedonia Has No Alternative
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister to Take Part in EU Foreign Affairs Council in Brussels
- » German Ambassador to Skopje Takes Stand on Bulgaria and North Macedonia Dispute
- » Russian Diplomat Expelled from Albania for Breach of Anti-Epidemic Measures
- » New US President Will Take Tough Stand on Russia
- » US Ambassador H.E. Herro Mustafa: Joe Biden Is Unifier, Bulgaria Is Our Important Ally