Bulgaria FM: Western Balkan EU Integration Crucial
All Western Balkan states should integrate in EU, according to Bulgarian Foreign Minister Nikolay Mladenov.
Mladenov spoke at the launch of the Balkan International Affairs Programme discussion in London School of Economics.
Only the membership of all Western Balkan states in EU would prevent new wars from taking place in this region, the Bulgarian Foreign Minister declared, reinstating a position which he has expressed on other occasions.
Serbian Foreign Minister Vuk Jeremic also took part in the discussion.
The Serbian minister supported Turkey's bid to join the EU and underlined once again that Serbia will never recognize Kosovo.
Both Mladenov and Jeremic said 2011 will be a key year for EU integration of the Western Balkans.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria