Bulgarian Police Nab Phone Swine Flu Frauds
A gang has been apprehended by the Bulgarian police Thursday for phone frauds taking advantage of people's fear from swine flu.
The operation was codenamed "The Vaccines"
The gang, consisting of three members, has been calling people all across the country, stating that a relative of the person called is seriously ill from swine flu and in urgent need of an expensive vaccine.
The money for the "vaccine" has been collected by a Serbian taxi driver, one of those three detained Thursday.
In this way, the gang's members have earned as much as BGN 100 000.
This is the latest of the multiple codenamed police operations the Bulgarian Interior Ministry has carried out recently, the other ones form Wednesday were entitled "The Moles" and "The Plastics".
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Two Bulgarians are among those detained in a Drug Cartel broken up by Europol
- » Bulgaria: The Husband of the Murdered 28-year-old Mother of Two Children faces 20 Years in Prison
- » Bulgaria: Young Mother of Two was found Dead – Husband has been Arrested
- » Bulgaria: 12 Immigrants from Syria were Detained in Sofia in a Car with Serbian Registration
- » Bulgarian Interior Minister: Migrant Traffickers Fly at 200 km/h – Our Police Cars can’t Catch them!
- » Greece detained Bulgarians for defrauding Elderly People for over 260,000 euros