Bulgarian Police Nab Phone Swine Flu Frauds
A gang has been apprehended by the Bulgarian police Thursday for phone frauds taking advantage of people's fear from swine flu.
The operation was codenamed "The Vaccines"
The gang, consisting of three members, has been calling people all across the country, stating that a relative of the person called is seriously ill from swine flu and in urgent need of an expensive vaccine.
The money for the "vaccine" has been collected by a Serbian taxi driver, one of those three detained Thursday.
In this way, the gang's members have earned as much as BGN 100 000.
This is the latest of the multiple codenamed police operations the Bulgarian Interior Ministry has carried out recently, the other ones form Wednesday were entitled "The Moles" and "The Plastics".
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Six People Are Accused of Tax Crimes in the Trade of Imported Drugs
- » Cat Smuggled Heroin into Prison in Sri Lanka And When Detained - Escapes
- » Alleged Gang Sexual Assault in a 5-Star Hotel in Egypt
- » 9 People Involved in a Criminal Group for Illegal Extraction and Sale of Wood Have Been Detained
- » 29-year-old Man Shot Near Sofia After a Car Race
- » 40 kg of Radioactive Blueberries From Chernobyl Were Seized by Ukrainian Border Patrol