'Greater Albania' Enjoys Massive Support in Kosovo, Albania, Macedonia
The majorities of the ethnic Albanians living in Kosovo, Albania, and Macedonia in favor of forming a "Greater Albania," a poll shows.
80% of the Albanians in Kosovo, 62% of those in Albania, and 51% of the Albanian minority in Macedonia back the idea for forming a Greater Albania, according to a poll of Gallup carried out in cooperation with the European Fund for the Balkans, cited by Macedonian TV Kanal 5.
An alliance between Albania and Kosovo has smaller support – 33.7% in Albania and 29.2% in Kosovo, according to the report of the Serbian media B92.
According to Albanian nationalists, a hypothetical "Greater Albania" would feature the entire territories of Albania and Kosovo, about half of Macedonia, and parts of Southern Serbia, Montenegro and Greece.
Fears that a scenario for creating a Greater Albania were on the way emerged after the Kosovo War in 1999 and the subsequent insurgency in Macedonia, which was settled through a constitutional compromise, the Ohrid Accord, in 2001.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » India's Visionary Leadership: Reflections on a Year as G20 Chair
- » The Russian Supreme Court Recognized the LGBT Movement as Extremist and Banned It
- » Day 645 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Bulgaria’s Decision to Not Let Through Lavrov’s Plane is Absurd says the Kremlin
- » Skopje's Diplomatic Tangle: Blinken and Gabriel Depart as Lavrov Arrives
- » EU's Borrell Urges North Macedonia's Constitutional Amendment Completion
- » Terrorists Opened Fire in Jerusalem: At Least Two People were Killed