Bulgaria's Interior Head Accused of Lying in Top Murder Case
Bulgaria's Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov has been totally incompetent with regards to a high-profile assassination committed in 2000, according to relatives of the victim.
The family of the lawyer from Yambol, Nadezhda Georgieva, who was blown up in her car in 2000, have accused Tsvetanov of hindering the investigation of the case by linking it to the murder of prosecutor Nikolay Kolev committed in 2000, and claiming that former Chief Prosecutor Nikola Filchev or arrested former secret agent Aleksei Petrov are behind the two murders.
"Our family has never claimed that that Filchev and/or Petrov were involved in the murder of my sister," said Margarita Georgieva speaking on Nova TV Thursday.
She believes that the assassinated prosecutor is actually the reason the investigation of the murder of the Yambol lawyer was obstructed.
The police want three persons for Georigeva's assassination – including a woman called Dimitrina Kalaydzhieva who is in the UK but the UK authorities have not complied with Bulgaria's request to extradite her. The family of the victim believes that with his statements about the case recently, Tsvetanov is actually serving the cause of this suspect.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Begging and Prostitution are No Longer Crimes in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: 1-year-old Child is in Coma after being Beaten in Plovdiv
- » Bulgaria: Mother and Son were found Dead in Kyustendil
- » Bulgaria: A Municipal Councilor in Velingrad was Murdered (UPDATED)
- » Bulgaria: Two People Killed in a Fight between Families in Nova Zagora
- » The 15-year-old Bus Driver who Killed the Policemen may Receive up to 10 Years in Prison