Poland Beats Brazil with World's Largest Jesus Statue
The Polish town of Swiebodzin has completed the construction of what it is believed to be the largest statue of Jesus Christ in the world.
The building of the statue was finished Saturday with the addition of the head; the project cost USD 1.45 M, and the money was raised from donations.
Even though international media cited locals with contradictory figures about the precise measurements of the statue, it is said to be 51 m in height including the mount it is placed on, and is thus taller than the statue of the Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, which is 38 m.
The town of Swiebodzin has a population of 22 000; thanks to the statue, it hopes to draw Catholic pilgrims from around the world.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The US has quietly given Ukraine the HARM Radar Hunters
- » Inflation in the Eurozone Hit a New Record
- » Day 176 of the Invasion of Ukraine: At least 6 Killed in Russian Bombing of Kharkiv
- » KFOR ready to Intervene in Case of Risk in Kosovo
- » Japan urges Young People to Drink More
- » At least 20 Dead, 40 Injured in Mosque Explosion in Kabul