Poland Beats Brazil with World's Largest Jesus Statue
The Polish town of Swiebodzin has completed the construction of what it is believed to be the largest statue of Jesus Christ in the world.
The building of the statue was finished Saturday with the addition of the head; the project cost USD 1.45 M, and the money was raised from donations.
Even though international media cited locals with contradictory figures about the precise measurements of the statue, it is said to be 51 m in height including the mount it is placed on, and is thus taller than the statue of the Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, which is 38 m.
The town of Swiebodzin has a population of 22 000; thanks to the statue, it hopes to draw Catholic pilgrims from around the world.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Referendum In Russia: Putin is Allowed To Remain President Until 2036
- » 50,000 New Cases of COVID-19 in US, Trump: I Fully Support the Masks. I Think They Work
- » New Zealand's Health Minister Resignes After Breaches of Lockdown Rules
- » UK Restarts Tourism on July 4
- » Covid-19: Infection in USA is Getting Worse
- » Another Black Man Killed by the Police in America Sparks New Wave of Protests