Poland Beats Brazil with World's Largest Jesus Statue
The Polish town of Swiebodzin has completed the construction of what it is believed to be the largest statue of Jesus Christ in the world.
The building of the statue was finished Saturday with the addition of the head; the project cost USD 1.45 M, and the money was raised from donations.
Even though international media cited locals with contradictory figures about the precise measurements of the statue, it is said to be 51 m in height including the mount it is placed on, and is thus taller than the statue of the Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, which is 38 m.
The town of Swiebodzin has a population of 22 000; thanks to the statue, it hopes to draw Catholic pilgrims from around the world.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Local Elections are being Held in North Macedonia
- » The Future of EU: Stronger Common European Policy and Creation of European Army?
- » The Arctic: MEPs Call for Peace and Reduction of Tensions in the Region
- » MEPs Push for Common EU Cyber Defense Capabilities
- » Powerful Earthquake in Pakistan, Dozens of Deaths Reported
- » NATO Expels Russian Staff