Bulgarian Court Frees Alleged Top Crime Boss
Sofia Court of Appeals ruled Friday to release Bulgaria's alleged top crime boss Zlatomir Ivanov aka Baretata (The Barret) form jail and place him under house arrest.
The motive of the magistrates was Baretata's ailing health related to urinary tract infection and the endured stress from waking overnight often to go to the restroom.
Ivanov is said to be recovering from urinary tract surgery and has not actually been in jail for months over his condition. He has been listed in the "Tokuda" hospital in Sofia, where he frequently complained his room had no windows.
Baretata is charged as the ringleader of an organized crime group dealing with illegal drug trafficking and with first-degree murder for the killing of Stefan Ivanov aka Alf, committed in a way that endangered the life of many people.
Baretata is charged as the instigator of the murder, while prosecutors say Martin Dimitrov was his accomplice. The shooting happened in 2007 in a disco bar in the western city of Pernik.
Zlatomir Ivanov faces 3 to 15 years on the first count and 10 to 20 years on the second.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 80% of Bulgarians do not Know their Country’s Position on the "Green Deal"
- » Entrepreneurs: Bulgaria’s Edible Cups
- » Brussels will Support Bulgaria if it Decides to Complete Nuclear Power Plant “Belene”
- » Bulgaria: The Price of Sunflower Oil is Expected to Decrease
- » Frans Timmermans: We will Ensure that the Transition in the Coal Regions is Done Fairly
- » Bulgarian Prime Minister: We Will Close the Coal Power Plants in 2038 at the Earliest