Bulgarian Tennis Stars Receive Funding for Olympics Preparation
Bulgaria's top tennis players, Grigor Dimitrov and Tsvetana Pironkova, will receive monthly scholarships from the International Olympic Committee (IOC) until 2012.
The scholarships for the Bulgarian tennis stars will be provided under the program "Olympic Solidarity" at IOC and will continue until the 2012 Summer Olympic Games in London.
The funding was made possible after the Bulgarian Tennis Federation sent an application for the program to the Bulgarian Olympic Committee. With the help of the committee chair, Stefka Kostadinova, the applications have been sent to IOC.
The two Bulgarians have been approved and now they have a very big chance for participation in the 2012 London Games.
At present, Dimitrov ranks 112th and Pironkova, who reached the Wimbledon semi-finals, ranks 35th in the world. The two have been included in the Olympics preparation program, which is funded by the Bulgarian Sports Ministry.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Football: Beroe - Favorite of Bookmakers in the Derby with Slavia
- » Bulgaria: Two CSKA Football Players Test Positive for COVID-19
- » Bulgarian Tennis Player Pironkova is Making History on US Open
- » US Open: Bulgarian Tennis Star Tsveti Pironkova Beats Vekic
- » US Open: Bulgarian Tsveti Pironkova Outplays Muguruza, Grigor Dimitrov Loses in a 5-Hour Match
- » Bulgarian Tennis Star Grigor Dimitrov with a Convincing Victory at US Open