Bulgarian Police Bust Illegal Treasure Hunting Deal
Bulgarian police arrested five men in the village of Ustina, near the second largest city of Plovdiv, while they were attempting to conduct an illegal deal involving antiques.
The information was reported by the Bulgarian Interior Ministry Tuesday.
The five detainees include 2 treasure hunters from the village, Y.P., 45, and A. Ch., 62, and their customers – N.S., 38, from the capital Sofia and A.B., 43, and S.K., 41, from Plovdiv.
The raid of Y.P.'s house discovered 5 pages from a metal antique book, 4 ceramic statuettes, and a ceramic bowl.
The police further seized several cell phones and laptops.
Both treasure hunters have criminal records – for fraud, illegal drugs possession, theft, assault and battery.
All are being held behind bars for 24 hours before facing a judge.
The confiscated objects were sent to Sofia to be examined by experts from the National History Museum.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Police Operation in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria: 25 Migrants were Detained near Simeonovgrad
- » Bulgaria: 8 Illegal Migrants and their Driver were Detained in Sofia
- » A Bulgarian Woman close to the "Crypto Queen" Ruja Ignatova was Extradited to the US
- » Bulgaria: 11 Detained after the Mass Brawl with Axes and Hoes in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: It is a Tradition for Migrant Traffickers to Not Stop after Police Signals them