Bulgarian Police Bust Illegal Treasure Hunting Deal
Bulgarian police arrested five men in the village of Ustina, near the second largest city of Plovdiv, while they were attempting to conduct an illegal deal involving antiques.
The information was reported by the Bulgarian Interior Ministry Tuesday.
The five detainees include 2 treasure hunters from the village, Y.P., 45, and A. Ch., 62, and their customers – N.S., 38, from the capital Sofia and A.B., 43, and S.K., 41, from Plovdiv.
The raid of Y.P.'s house discovered 5 pages from a metal antique book, 4 ceramic statuettes, and a ceramic bowl.
The police further seized several cell phones and laptops.
Both treasure hunters have criminal records – for fraud, illegal drugs possession, theft, assault and battery.
All are being held behind bars for 24 hours before facing a judge.
The confiscated objects were sent to Sofia to be examined by experts from the National History Museum.
- » Producer Harvey Weinstein Found Guilty
- » Bulgarian Woman Arrested for Drug Trafficking in Spain
- » 43 Migrants were Found in a Truck in Northern Macedonia
- » The Interior Ministry has no Information on an Investigation by the Spanish Authorities against PM Borissov
- » One of the Killed in the Shootings in the German city of Hanau is a Bulgarian Citizen
- » The Rapper Pop Smoke was Shot Dead