Bulgarian Road Agency Assuages Fears over Lyulin Hwy Cracks
The cracks at the Daskalovo road junction, which is part on the Lyulin highway near Sofia, are not dangerous and are technology related, the Bulgarian Road Infrastructure Agency reports.
Over the weekend, citizens alarmed about the cracks in the asphalt of the junction, which is still under construction.
The Road Agency said Monday special joints have been previewed for the expected cracks to compensate for the seasonal expansion and shrinking of the bridges. The 260 joints would be mounted in November or in 2011, depending on the weather.
"The cracks have been foreseen and they are the result of the high volume of traffic and the still ongoing construction," the Agency's management says, adding the temporary detour through the junction was made to give opportunity to the subcontractor to continue work on other parts of the highway and Daskalovo would be considered completed only after the mounting of the joints.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Minister of Tourism: Over 50,000 Russians have Visited Bulgaria by the End of June
- » Bulgaria: Book Bus Tickets In Advance for the Southern Black Sea Coast
- » The Import of Russian Coal into the EU Stops from Today
- » Does Bulgaria receive Russian Gas through Intermediaries?
- » There will be Availability of Natural Gas for Bulgaria until the End of the Year, but at a High Price
- » How to Launch a Small Business in Today’s Economic Climate