Bulgaria Replaces Road Vignettes by 2014
Bulgaria's road vignettes will be replaced with electronic toll systems by 2014, Regional Minister, Rosen Plevneliev, has announced.
He has explained that in two weeks, the government will present a project for building a system for collecting road fees per kilometer.
"It is fair because in this way, people who travel less will pay less. However, there is a possibility that Brussels would ask back the EU money invested in roads in Bulgaria," Plevneliev said.
The investment cost remains unclear, but one plan includes the option where expenses will be undertaken by investors against a promised future concession.
- » Bulgaria with a Record Export to Germany: What Do Germans Buy and Where Does it Go?
- » EU Online Gambling Landscape - Changes to Expect in 2019
- » Chinese Company Secures USD 135.5 Million for Bulgarian Port Project
- » Expert: Electricity Prices will Increase by 15% if KEVR Approves CEZ Proposal
- » Projects of over 4,600 Bulgarian Households under the Gasification Program have been Implemented
- » Bulgarian Tobacco Growers Received over BGN 80 Million