Bulgaria's Ethnic Turks Demand Protection of Roma Rights
The Bulgarian ethnic Turkish party Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS) has submitted in the Parliament a declaration against Roma deportation from France.
The declaration has been signed by 23 DPS Members of the Parliament and party leader, Ahmed Dogan, despite the fact he had missed almost all sessions and debates.
The document is asking the Bulgarian General Assembly to make a statement against the French authorities restricting by force the right of free movement and choice of residency of EU citizens.
The ethnic Turks blame the cabinet of the center-right Citizen for European Development of Bulgaria (GERB) party and personally Prime Minister, Boyko Borisov, of lack of adequate reaction and stand on the issue with the protection of the rights of all Bulgarians and ask for the adoption of a position reflecting the political commitment of Europe to integrate Roma in society.
- » Mariya Gabriel Nominated to be European Commissioner For Innovation and Youth
- » Maria Gabriel Opens the Fourth Edition of the Digital Life and Design Conference in Brussels
- » The Distribution of the Resources in the European Commission Will be Announced Today
- » European Commissioner Vytenis Andriukaitis Arrives in Bulgaria
- » Exhibition of Tarnovo Constitution to be Presented in European Parliament
- » The EU Intends to Intensify its Dialogue with the Western Balkan Countries