Ethnic Turks Question Bulgarian FBI on Muslim Villages Hit
The Parliamentary group of the Bulgarian ethnic Turkish Party DPS is demanding a meeting with the leadership of DANS and the Chief Prosecutors' Office over their operations in southern Bulgaria against alleged radical Islam cells
The information was reported Tuesday by the Member of the Parliament from the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS) party, Korman Ismailov, saying they want to know who has alerted the National Agency for State Security (DANS) about any potential threat of Islam extremist movements spreading in Bulgaria and grounds for alleged evidence for the existence of such cells.
Ismailov was firm the ethnic Turkish party has no information whatsoever about such threat, adding the party has always been a pillar of stability and a warranty that extremism and religious hate would not be tolerated in Bulgaria.
DPS further point out the police operation is an attempt to divert public attention from the crisis and the growing discontent in the country.
- » PM Boyko Borissov Comments the Change in the Position of the Bulgarian Government on Belene NPP
- » The Gay Parade - Main Reason For Volen Siderov to Run For Mayor of Sofia
- » The First Bulgarian Sports Electric Car Will be Unveiled in Sofia in October
- » The Construction of Turkish Stream Officially Begins
- » MEPs to Meet For Mobility Package
- » Interpol drops Red Notice for Zhelyaz Andreev