40% Fewer New Cars Sold in Bulgaria in 2010 Q1-Q3
The number of new cars sold on the Bulgarian in the first nine months of 2010 declined by almost 40% year-on-year.
According to the Association of Car Producers and Importers, a total of 13 189 new cars were sold in Bulgaria in January-September compared with 20 729 in the first three quarters of 2009.
Toyota was the most popular brand on the Bulgarian market of new cars in that period with 1 450 sales, followed by Ford – 1 262, Volkswagen – 1 172, Peugeot – 1 032, Dacia – 912, Citroen – 826.
Saab and Lancia sold only five vehicles each, Piaggio and Cadillac – two each, while Corvette and Hammer made zero sales.
After the economic crisis kicked in 2008, Bulgaria's market of new vehicles collapsed by some 50%.
2008 marked the strongest year of all time for the market of new cars in Bulgaria with 57 927 sales, up from 55 336 in 2007. In 2009, however, the sales slumped to 26 813.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Brussels will Support Bulgaria if it Decides to Complete Nuclear Power Plant “Belene”
- » Bulgaria: The Price of Sunflower Oil is Expected to Decrease
- » Frans Timmermans: We will Ensure that the Transition in the Coal Regions is Done Fairly
- » Bulgarian Prime Minister: We Will Close the Coal Power Plants in 2038 at the Earliest
- » Bulgaria Adopted Today its Recovery and Sustainability Plan
- » Protests of Miners and Workers in the Energy Sector Blocked the Center of Sofia