Borisov Telegram: Putin's Happy Birthday 'Extremely Happy Occasion'
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has congratulated his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin for his birthday.
In a special telegram, Borisov has used the chance to send birthday wishes to Putin to express also his hopes for the Bulgarian-Russian relations.
"I am using this extremely happy occasion to express my conviction that the active dialogue between Bulgaria and Russia will solidify our historical friendship and will be a demonstration of our mutual trust, goodwill, and pragmatism," says Borisov in his address to Putin.
He wishes the Russian PM good health and much success in his highly responsible post.
Borisov and Putin have met only once in person, in Gdansk, about a year ago, in a meeting that stirred much controversy as the Russian leader expressed his bewilderment at the decisions of the Bulgarian PM with respect to the large bilateral energy projects.
Borisov's congratulatory telegram to Putin, who will be celebrating his 58th birthday in his native St. Petersburg, coincided with a rally before the "House of Moscow in Sofia" remembering the fourth year since the assassination of Russian journalist Anna Politkovskaya.
"We don't want a Putin's Bulgaria," shouted the protesters from the "Free Speech Association "Anna Politkovskaya" carrying a photo of Borisov and Putin together.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » State Leaders from around the World Congratulated President Rumen Radev on his Re-Election
- » Macedonian Deputy Prime Minister: Bulgaria's Veto will Fall
- » President Radev met with the UN Under-Secretary-General
- » Barbados Became a Republic and Declared Rihanna a National Hero
- » President Radev: Bulgaria expects Dialogue with North Macedonia to Lead to Concrete Results
- » Macedonian Media: Bulgaria will not lift the Blockade for Membership of RNM in the EU