Deputy Takes Over Bulgaria's Agriculture Fund
The Deputy Director of the Bulgarian State "Agriculture" Fund, Svetoslav Simeonov, is temporarily taking over the Fund.
The news was announced by Agriculture Minister, Miroslav Naydenov, Thursday in an interview for the TV channel bTV.
The move became necessary after it was revealed that the current Director of the Fund, Kalina Ilieva is pregnant and will have to go on maternity leave.
Simeonov is the only Deputy at the Fund whose signature has accreditation from Brussels.
Naydenov further informed he had asked the Fund's Managing Board to submit Thursday a detailed report of their work, adding if indeed they are delays, as the opposition insists, measures would be undertaken.
The Minister did, however, praise Ilieva as a "good professional" and pointed out the average absorption of funds under the EU operational programs in Bulgaria is 4% while the "Agriculture' Fund has absorbed 20%.
The Fund is the Bulgarian payment agency for the EU SAPARD program.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria