Bulgarian Court Frees Alleged Top Crime Boss 'Baretata'
The Sofia City Court ruled Wednesday to release Bulgaria's alleged top crime boss Zlatomir Ivanov aka Baretata (The Barret) form jail and place him under house arrest.
The motive of the magistrates was Baretata's ailing health related to urinary tract infection and the endured stress from waking overnight often to go to the restroom.
The diagnosis was made two days ago by medical experts. Ivanov is recovering from urinary tract surgery and has not actually been in jail for months over his condition. He has been listed in the "Tokuda" hospital in Sofia, where he frequently complained his room had no windows.
Baretata and 20 other individuals are charged with being part of an organized crime group dealing with illegal drug trading and murders for hire. Baretata, the alleged ringleader, is believed to be one of the top, still living, Bulgarian underworld figures.
The other defendants were left behind bars.
The final rule on Ivanov's release will be made on October 12 by the Sofia Court of Appeals.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 81 Illegal Migrants were Detained in Bulgaria in One Day
- » Bulgaria: Mass Poisoning of Dogs and Cats in a Plovdiv village
- » Three People have been Detained in Bulgaria for Illegal Funding from the EU
- » Bulgaria: 12 Migrants crammed into a Car were Detained in the Harmanlii village of Bulgarin
- » Bulgaria: A Man Killed his Wife and Daughter, then took His Own Life
- » Action in Bulgaria: Police Chase and Shooting near a Business Building in Sofia - A Boy was Killed