Bulgarian SAPARD Fund CEO Replaced over Pregnancy
Bulgaria's Minister of Agriculture, Miroslav Naydenov, admitted publically he was unaware the Executive Director of the State Fund "Agriculture," Kalina Ilieva, is pregnant.
The Fund is the Bulgarian payment agency for the EU SAPARD program.
Naydenov says he learned Ilieva is expecting from media publications, but added this was a very personal matter and he respected her decision and her right of privacy.
A possible substitute at the crucial position has not yet been discussed and the Fund's Managing Board will be meeting Thursday. In addition to deciding on a new, temporary head, the Board will discuss how to address farmers' protests, claiming Ilieva has delayed payments to them.
The most likely substitute is one of the Executive Director's Deputies, but there is a possibility she will be replaced permanently.
Naydenov says farming subsidies have been paid 100%, a month and a half before the deadline.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria