Quarterly Income in Bulgaria Down by 0,9% in Q2 2010
The average quarterly income per person in the second quarter of 2010 was BGN 906, which is a decrease by 0,9% , year-on-year, statistics showed.
According to data from Bulgaria's National Statistics Institute (NSI), the salary continues to be the main source of income for households.
Pensions, social assistance and child allowance make up 34,5% of the income for the period April-June 2010.
In the second quarter of 2010, households spent an average of BGN 804 per person, which is a drop by 2,1% in comparison to the same period last year.
Statistics have also showed that food consumption slightly increased in that period.
Potato consumption has gone up by an average of 0,8 kg per person, fruits – by 0,7 kg, bread and yogurt – by 0,5 kg per person.
- » Bulgaria is Officially Seeking for an Investor for Belene Nuclear Power Plant
- » Owners of Small Photovoltaic Plants in Bulgaria Threaten with Civil Disobedience
- » Strike Canceled Over 300 Flights of the National Air Carrier 'Alitalia'
- » About 40% of Households in Bulgaria Live in Overcrowded Housing
- » The ECB Checks Whether Banks in Bulgaria Can Cope with External Risks
- » Eurostat: Bulgaria Has Exported Around 10 000 Tonnes of Honey in The EU