Clinton Reiterates US Commitment to Mid-East Peace Talks
The US Secretary of State Hilary Clinton has reiterated the US commitment for the achievement of agreement during the peace talks between Palestine and Israel for the creation of an independent Palestinian state.
On Thursday, Clinton met in Jerusalem with Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas, after he threatened on Wednesday to quit the peace talks if Israel continues the construction of Jewish settlements on the occupied West Bank.
"I know that the time and the circumstances are difficult and there are intensive efforts to reach a peace agreement. We all know that that there's no alternative to peace other than through negotiations," Abbas said, the Wall Street Journal reported.
Clinton has reiterated the US determination to work for the creation of an independent and sovereign Palestinian state.
The peace talks between Israel and Palestine began in September, with pledges of support from leaders on both sides – as well as the United States – for a peace process leading to a comprehensive settlement within one year.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 459 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Another Russian attack before Kyiv Day
- » There is a Deal in Principle on the US Debt Ceiling
- » Day 458 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia is preparing a Simulation of an Accident at the Zaporizhzhia NPP according to Kyiv
- » Turkey will Vote for the first time in a Presidential Runoff
- » Germany to Transfer its “Patriot” Systems from Slovakia to Lithuania
- » The Situation in Northern Kosovo is Calm - Vucic no longer Leader of his Party