Bulgarian Army Stop New Attempt to Breach Kandahar Airport
Bulgarian military servicemen detained a civil person attempting to breach the security line at Kandahar airport, reported the Ministry of Defense.
The offender was detained in accordance with standard procedures and handed over to Afghan police.
Just a couple of days ago Bulgarians fended off another attempt at unauthorized entry, which turned out to be authored by drunken locals.
Around 300 Bulgarians are in charge of security of the south perimeter in the southern Afghan province of Kandahar, seen as a Taliban bastion.
Bulgaria participates in the international forces in Afghanistan with a total of around 530 security servicemen, including medical personnel, in Kabul and Kandahar.
Some 70 more Bulgarian soldiers are expected to join the mission by end of 2010.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » NATO: Bulgaria Increased Defense Spending by 7.49% compared to Last Year
- » Bulgarian Ambassador to the US: Assembly of the First F-16 Fighter for Bulgaria will Begin Soon
- » Report: The State of the Bulgarian Defense is Alarming
- » Defense Minister: Bulgaria Needs a whole Squadron of F-16s
- » Bulgaria: The Fugitive Plane was Abandoned at Targovishte Airport, the Case gets more Confusing
- » A Small Plane violated the Airspace of 4 countries, Landed in Bulgaria