Labor Inspectors Imprisoned in Bulgarian Bakery
Workers at a bakery in Bulgarian capital Sofia staged resistance by locking up labor inspectors in the bakery Saturday.
Inspectors were on a campaign of checking various construction, restaurant, commerce and other sites for irregularities in hiring workers and had discovered a laborer without a contract at the bakery in Orlandovtsi neighborhood.
Unfortunately, the workers swiftly locked the inspectors in their shop, under the amazed gazes of onlookers, including journalists.
Police had to be called to free the prisoners.
Workers claimed that the one without labor contract was just at a visit in the bakery.
The Bulgarian Labor Inspectorate announced that over two days it has checked some 600 sites and uncovered 153 persons working without labor agreements.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Higher Electricity Prices from Today
- » Bulgaria: Sales of "Green" Properties are Declining
- » Bulgaria: Since when will 25 Cents be Deducted from the Price of Fuel
- » From Today: Bulgaria to begin Receiving Full Quantities of Gas under the Contract with Azerbaijan
- » Russian Ambassador: Russia is Considering Severing Diplomatic Relations with Bulgaria (UPDATED)
- » Bulgaria Air with Additional Flights to Amsterdam and Madrid