Bulgarian Neo-Nazis to Rally under Anti-Communist Guise
Bulgarian neo-Nazis are organizing a rally Saturday evening in downtown Sofia under the seemly guise of a commemoration for the victims of the communist regime in Bulgaria.
September 9 marks the day of the communist take-over in 1944 and has remained a divisive date for Bulgarians.
Saturday the neo-Nazi fringe organization Natsionalna Saprotiva (National Resistance) is organizing a "mourning demonstration" (link in Bulgarian), vowing not to forget the victims of communism and raising the harmless slogan "behind figures stand real human lives."
The rally will start at the Sveta Nedelya cathedral, proceed on main streets in downtown Sofia, and end at the Memorial for the Victims of Communism in front of the National Palace of Culture.
Members of the National Resistance movement have been carrying out a number of violent acts and hate crimes, including the notorious brutal June beating of human rights activists.
- » Good Weather Conditions for Mountain Tourism Today in Bulgaria
- » General Transport Strike Blocks Athens on May 1
- » Girl from Varna that Disappeared in Germany was Found
- » Sunny and Warm Today in Bulgaria with Highs Between 23°C and 28°C
- » The Earth Has Lost 12 million Hectares of Tropical Forests in 2018
- » During the 2017/2018 School Year, 16,300 Students Left School