Bulgarian Neo-Nazis to Rally under Anti-Communist Guise
Bulgarian neo-Nazis are organizing a rally Saturday evening in downtown Sofia under the seemly guise of a commemoration for the victims of the communist regime in Bulgaria.
September 9 marks the day of the communist take-over in 1944 and has remained a divisive date for Bulgarians.
Saturday the neo-Nazi fringe organization Natsionalna Saprotiva (National Resistance) is organizing a "mourning demonstration" (link in Bulgarian), vowing not to forget the victims of communism and raising the harmless slogan "behind figures stand real human lives."
The rally will start at the Sveta Nedelya cathedral, proceed on main streets in downtown Sofia, and end at the Memorial for the Victims of Communism in front of the National Palace of Culture.
Members of the National Resistance movement have been carrying out a number of violent acts and hate crimes, including the notorious brutal June beating of human rights activists.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Scientists Invented Filter against COVID-19
- » Bulgaria: More than 7,000 Register as Unemployed per Day
- » 549 COVID-19 Infected in Bulgaria, another Death Case
- » Information Campaign on April 17th - The World Hemophilia Day, under the Motto “Get involved!"
- » Weather Forecast: Windy with Maximum Temperatures between 10C and 15C
- » 3,6% more Infected by Coronavirus in Bulgaria than a Day Earlier