Bulgarian Neo-Nazis to Rally under Anti-Communist Guise
Bulgarian neo-Nazis are organizing a rally Saturday evening in downtown Sofia under the seemly guise of a commemoration for the victims of the communist regime in Bulgaria.
September 9 marks the day of the communist take-over in 1944 and has remained a divisive date for Bulgarians.
Saturday the neo-Nazi fringe organization Natsionalna Saprotiva (National Resistance) is organizing a "mourning demonstration" (link in Bulgarian), vowing not to forget the victims of communism and raising the harmless slogan "behind figures stand real human lives."
The rally will start at the Sveta Nedelya cathedral, proceed on main streets in downtown Sofia, and end at the Memorial for the Victims of Communism in front of the National Palace of Culture.
Members of the National Resistance movement have been carrying out a number of violent acts and hate crimes, including the notorious brutal June beating of human rights activists.
- » Cloudy Weekend Weather
- » BNR: Bulgaria to Submit the Mobility Package to EU Court
- » The Air in Sofia - Dangerous for your Health?
- » 9 Events that Happened on Friday the 13th in which there is Nothing Fatal
- » Russian Sailors Discovered Four Hitherto Unknown Islands in the Red Sea
- » An Explosion in an Apartment Building Injured 25 Germans