Bulgarian Prosecutor Busted for Loan Sharking
The Deputy Prosecutor of Bulgaria's western city of Pernik, Biser Mihaylov, has been arrested, Interior Minister, Tsvetan Tsvetanov informed Thursday.
The results of the police investigation have been submitted with the Sofia City Prosecutor's Office. The probe stems from information of racket and coercion.
Witness say Mihaylov acted as a loan shark, giving an individual a loan in the amount of BGN 30 000 and receiving BGN 3 700 a month in interest. The Prosecutor also threatened the witnesses.
The police is currently searching 3 locations – a residency and two offices.
The arrest has been carried out with the participation of the National Agency for State Security (DANS).
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Military Man Killed his Girlfriend and Committed Suicide
- » Bulgaria: A Man Stabbed his Neighbors because of their Barking Dog
- » The Bulgarian Entrepreneur Tzvetan Vassilev is No Longer Wanted by Interpol
- » Bulgaria: 9 Months in Prison for a Man caught Driving Drunk for the Second Time
- » A Law will Prohibit the Sale of Nitrous Oxide or “Laughing Gas” to Minors in Bulgaria
- » Operation in Greece for the capture of Bulgarian Cryptoqueen Ruja Ignatova