Bulgaria's 'Impudent' Charges Officially Pressed in Court
Bulgaria's Prosecutor's Office has pressed official charges against nine individuals arrested during the special police operation codenamed "The Impudent."
Ivaylo Evtimov and Prokopi Prokopiev are charged with racket and with organizing a kidnap gang.
Daniel Dimitrov, Lyubomir Dimitrov, brothers Radoslav and Mitko Lebeshevski, Pavel Petkov, Kiril Kirilov, and Tsvetozar Slavchev, are all charged as accomplices in a total of 11 high-profile abductions over the last years.
The alleged criminals were arrested on December 16, 2009. The police operation was carried out in the cities of Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo and Montana and resulted in 27 detentions, including the one of Anton Petrov aka the Hamster, believed to be the right-hand of former undercover agent, Aleksei Petrov, who is facing a trial on separate counts, not related to "The Impudent."
At the time, the Interior Ministry announced all had long rap sheets, including robberies and murders.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Police Operation in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria: 25 Migrants were Detained near Simeonovgrad
- » Bulgaria: 8 Illegal Migrants and their Driver were Detained in Sofia
- » A Bulgarian Woman close to the "Crypto Queen" Ruja Ignatova was Extradited to the US
- » Bulgaria: 11 Detained after the Mass Brawl with Axes and Hoes in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: It is a Tradition for Migrant Traffickers to Not Stop after Police Signals them