Bulgarian Grabs World Wrestling Title in Moscow
Bulgarian Hristo Marinov, took the world champion wrestling title in Greco-Roman style Tuesday.
At the world championship 84-kg final, Marinov took the gold after overcoming Cuban, Pablo Shorey Hernandez, with 2:0 and 1:0.
The tournament is held in Moscow between September 6 and 12th,
Marinov secured the title after offering a big surprise during the semi-final match when he defeated Russian, Alexei Mishin, holder of European, World and Olympic medals.
Before that, the Bulgarian won against Artur Omarov of the Czech Republic (0:1, 3:0, 2:0), Amer Hrustanovic from Austria (1:0, 2:0), and Poland's Yanikovski (2:0, 0:2, 2:0).
Two other Bulgarians have ranked 5th so far – Ivo Angelov in the 60—kg category and Venelin Venkov in the 55-kg one.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Premier League Betting Overview for 2022/2023
- » Sports Betting with Betway
- » All of the EU except Bulgaria and Hungary Demand the Expulsion of Russia from World Sports
- » The Biggest Horse Racing Countries in Europe
- » Bulgarian Boxer Kubrat Pulev convincingly Defeated Jerry Forest
- » Dimitrov Double Dips Stateside