Whitewater Kayaking Enjoys Growing Popularity in Bulgaria
The Bulgarian Kayak Society held its second national meeting entitled "Whitewater Kayaking - Struma 2010" over the weekend.
Several competitions were organized along the Struma River in the Kresna Gorge in Southwestern Bulgaria as part of the event.
Over 50 whitewater kayaking enthusiasts participated in the races, with many more people attending as viewers.
The races took place along a new slalom course prepared by the Bulgarian Kayak Society, and funded by its own members.
Whitewater kayaking is finding more and more fans all over Bulgaria in the recent years, said the Bulgarian Kayak Society in a statement dedicated to the event. The Society is working to promote kayaking by organizing courses and drills.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Mobile Betting Apps: Sports News and Tips
- » Four Bronze Medals for Bulgarian students from the Informatics Olympiad
- » Nurgyul Salimova with a Record Rating in the FIDE Rankings
- » Nurgyul Salimova: I am Proud of what I have Achieved, I Felt the Support of many Bulgarians and People from all over the World
- » After 30 years: Bulgaria Won again the Team World Title in Rhythmic Gymnastics
- » Women's Spanish teams Refuse to Play until the President of the Football Federation is replaced