Borussia Loan Bulgarian Striker to Maccabi Tel Aviv
German Bundesliga team Borussia Dortmund has formally loaned Bulgarian striker Dimitar Rangelov to Maccabi Tel Aviv.
An announcement on the website of the Israeli club has made it clear that Rangelov has passed all tests successfully, and has signed a contract with Maccabi Tel Aviv.
The 27-year-old Bulgarian striker will play on loan for Maccabi for one season, and the Israeli club will have the right to purchase him from Borussia if they are satisfied with his performance.
Rangelov has played for Slavia Sofia, Strasbourg, Erzgebirge, Energie Cottbus, and Borussia Dortmund. In his one season for Borussia he made 11 appearances and scored one goal.
Since 2007, Rangelov has played in 16 matches for the Bulgarian national football team, and has scored 2 goals.
He had a near miss in Bulgaria's catastrophic 4:0 loss from England at the start of the Euro 2012 qualifications on Friday; after signing with Maccabi, Rangelov has re-joined the Bulgarian national team for its next qualification match against Montenegro in Sofia on Tuesday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Premier League Betting Overview for 2022/2023
- » Sports Betting with Betway
- » All of the EU except Bulgaria and Hungary Demand the Expulsion of Russia from World Sports
- » The Biggest Horse Racing Countries in Europe
- » Bulgarian Boxer Kubrat Pulev convincingly Defeated Jerry Forest
- » Dimitrov Double Dips Stateside