Bulgaria's Tennis Star Pironkova out of US Open in Doubles
The Bulgarian top female tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova has dropped out in the first round in the doubles competition of the US Open Grand Slam championship.
On Thursday, the 22-year-old Bulgarian and her Greek partner Eleni Daniilidou were defeated by Yan Chan from Taiwan and China's number 1, Zheng Jie, with 0:2 sets (2:6, 1:6).
Despite dropping out Pironkova and Daniilidou will each receive USD 5 000.
On Wednesday, Pironkova dropped out in the second round in the singles competition against 24-year-old Mandy Minella from Luxembourg (4:6, 0:6) and received USD 31 000.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Beloslava Krasteva is Second in the Current Ranking of the World Chess Championship
- » Mobile Betting Apps: Sports News and Tips
- » Four Bronze Medals for Bulgarian students from the Informatics Olympiad
- » Nurgyul Salimova with a Record Rating in the FIDE Rankings
- » Nurgyul Salimova: I am Proud of what I have Achieved, I Felt the Support of many Bulgarians and People from all over the World
- » After 30 years: Bulgaria Won again the Team World Title in Rhythmic Gymnastics