Appellate Court Rules to Bring 3 Bulgarian 'Sheiks' Back in Jail
The Court of Appeals in Bulgaria’s Black Sea city of Burgas ruled to bring back behind bars the three people arrested earlier during a special police operation codenamed “The Sheiks."
The three – Valentin Atanasov, a police officer from the Burgas Traffic Police, his brother Zhivko Atanasov and Yanko Penev were released a week ago by the Burgas District Court on their own recognizance. The court ruled there was not enough evidence they took part in the criminal activities.
The other 6 alleged criminals remain behind bars. All are charged with organized crime involving illegal trade and theft of fuel.
A total of 11 people were apprehended by the police during the special operation. 4 are fellow police officers with Stanev and Atanasov believed to be the ringleaders.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven
- » Spouses Found Dead in Blagoevgrad, Son is a Suspect of the Murder
- » At Least 116 people have Died in a Prison Riot in Ecuador
- » Demonstrative Murder in Sofia: A Man was Shot Dead at Gerena Stadium
- » Record Homicide Growth in the United States Last Year