Sofia University Takes over Bulgaria's Varna Botanical Garden
Bulgaria's Supreme Court of Cassations ruled Tuesday to confirm the rights of the Sofia University over the botanical garden near the Black Sea capital Varna..
The University filed the case for “Ecopark Varna” against the “St. St. Konastantin and Elena” monastery at the resort under the same name, and the company “Sealand Properties.”
The Court decided that the reinstatement of the lands in 2001 and 2002 to the Bulgarian Orthodox Church was illegal, basing it on a report of experts from the Agriculture Ministry and a probe of the Business Police and the Prosecutors Office, the University informs.
In 2002, the monastery transferred part of the land it previously acquired to “Sealand Properties,” which was later sold to two other businesses.
The Court now ruled that all deals must be annulled.
The park is 15-minutes driving distance from downtown Varna in the direction of the “Golden Sands” beach resort.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Hurricane Wind with Speed of 100 km/h, Hail and Fallen Trees in Bulgarian Town of Sliven
- » Bulgaria: Challenging Weather in the Next 48 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rain will Continue all over the Country, Temperatures will be Low
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Expect Rain in the Evening, Max Temp Between 14°-19°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Significant Clouds with Little Chance of Rain
- » Weather in Bulgaria: First Snow is expected on Tuesday. Cold, but without Siberian frosts in December