Bulgaria Announces 14.3% GDP National Debt in 2009
The nominal amount of Bulgaria's national debt at the end of 2009 is EUR 4.8 B, announced the Ministry of Finance.
Tuesday the ministry officially published its annual review of government debt for the previous year.
The EUR 4828.5 M of debt include EUR 3289.8 M foreign debt and EUR 1538.7 M internal debt.
The total amount has decreased by a marginal EUR 13.1 М in comparison with 2008.
The share of national debt at the end of the previous year amounted to 14.3% of GDP.
The Ministry of Finance notes a “positive change” in the currency structure of Bulgaria's debt expressed in an increase of the share of debt denominated in euro which according to it minimizes currency risks.
The currency structure of the national debt end of 2009 was as follows: 54.7% in euro, 24.5% in Bulgarian leva, 18% in US dollars, with a remaining 2.8% in other currencies.
The share of debt with fixed interest rates was 75.8%.
The share of debt for which sovereign bonds have been issued is 12.7%, or EUR 612.1 M. This amount has dropped with EUR 22.2 M in comparison with 2008 due to payments on debts and changes in exchange rates over the year.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Finance Minister Envisages BGN 710 Min. Salary and BGN 3,400 Max. Insurance Income
- » Bulgaria: Record Investments are Set in the 2022 Budget
- » Bulgaria: Forecast for Economic Growth in 2022
- » Bulgaria: 7.8% Annual Inflation in December
- » Kraken Cryptocurrency Exchange: Bulgaria owns $10 billion Bitcoin
- » Bulgaria: The Minimum Salary will be over EUR 350