Second Rightist Leader Takes up Bear Metaphor against GERB
Martin Dimitrov, leader of the Union of Democratic Forces, took up the all-out criticism against the economic policy of the GERB cabinet launched Monday by Blue Coalition partner Ivan Kostov.
This marks the start of the new political season, promising more pressure against the government by the 'Blue' rightists, who have consistently supported it in the past in Parliament, in spite of criticism.
Monday Kostov, leader of Democrats for Strong Bulgaria and former PM, used picturesque language regarding the state of the Bulgarian economy, saying “it is not only going to sleep, but rather like a bear it is retreating to its den, hiding in the shadow of gray economy.”
Tuesdasy Dimitrov followed suit, saying that like a bear, Bulgaria's economy is retreating back to its den for the winter, yet it is doing so hungry and will be angrily roaring.
The Union of Democratic Forces was especially critical of strains on the healthcare system by cut budget funds, saying that the situation threatens a new health crisis in addition to the economic and financial ones. Representatives voiced frustration at what they saw of lack of reforms in the system.
They were also critical of persisting problems in issuing new IDs for Bulgarian citizens, saying that the GERB cabinet is in effect levying an “Ministry of Interior tax” by profiting from the chaos created.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend