Bulgaria's bTV Media Presents Own Radio Group
The new brand of the Bulgarian media company bTV Media Group, bTV Radio Group, will unite six radio stations that have been established on the Bulgarian market in the past few years.
bTV Media Group owns the largest private TV station in Bulgaria, bTV, as well as cable channels bTV Comedy, bTV Cinema, PRO.BG, RING.BG and numerous Internet projects.
bTV was set up in 2000 by Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation. In April 2010, bTV Media Group was acquired for a total of USD 400 M plus a payment of USD 13 M for a working capital adjustmnent by Central European Media Enterprises (CME), which is a company, specializing in broadcast, content and Internet operations in Central and Eastern Europe.
The sale is the third large deal on the Bulgarian TV market for the last two years after the US Central European Media Enterprises bought the cable TV2 and Ring for EUR 110 M, and the Swedish MTG Group acquired Nova TV for EUR 620 M.
The logo of the new brand will be “bTV Radio Group – more than a radio!” and its main advantages will be the musical genre diversity and the distinction between the different audiences of the radio stations N-Joy, Z-Rock, Melody, 101.1 Pro FM Sofia, Jazz FM and Classic FM.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Davos Communications Summit Attracts Over 400 Top Experts From All Continents
- » Today Is Official Start of Election Campaign in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Date for Replacing Lev with Euro Is Set for 1 January 2024
- » Cold Front to Cross the Balkans, Weather Changes Sharply on Saturday
- » European Court of Auditors Launches Probe into Potential Violation of Air Passenger Rights
- » UK Ambassador to Bulgaria: British Tourists Will Enjoy Bulgarian Sunny Resorts Again